Thursday, May 22, 2014

What A Week!

What a week it's been! I know it's not even Friday but so much has happened that I don't know where to start!


Monday at my internship I went out with a photographer and reporter to shoot two stories. I love going out in the field because I hate being stuck in the office in a cubicle all day. I don't do well in a confined space where I'm not active, my dad used to tell me I had ants in my pants as a kid- I still do. 

The reporter let me do my first on camera stand up and film a tease for the story! I was so excited and it was by far the best day I've had at my internship so far.



The ten hour shifts in the news room make for a long day and then I have almost an hour drive home, but when I get to see sunsets like this it makes the long day worth it. 


Today Cora and I enjoyed the beautiful sunshine even though it was a bit windy. Cora loves being outside, she'd stay outside all day if I let her. She loves playing Frisbee, chasing any and everything, playing with the neighbor dogs, and her favorite thing to do outside is swim. I can hardly keep her dry!


To top off the week before a long weekend for Memorial Day I made a Raspberry Coconut Smoothie. It makes two servings so I kept the second serving for another day.

Raspberry Coconut Smoothie
  • 3/4 cup raspberries- I froze the raspberries to make the smoothie thicker
  • 1.5 cups Coconut Milk
  • handful of ice cubes
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon- if desired

Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth. 

I hope everyone can get out and enjoy the beautiful weather this holiday weekend! I have a few recipes to get up on the blog this weekend and I will post pictures from my Memorial Day weekend fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment