Saturday, October 18, 2014

Leftover Salad


Last Friday I spent most of my day volunteering at Gilda's Club. One of the classes I am in requires at least six hours of community service, so I signed up to help decorate Gilda's Club for their annual Noogie Fest. Prior to volunteering I did not know anything about Gilda's Club, but after learning about all the work they do for the community I was really happy I chose to volunteer there. Plus the actual decorating was a blast.

I had to be on campus really early to meet up with everyone who was also going to volunteer at Gilda's Club and I didn't have a chance to go grocery shopping. Friday morning I normally go grocery shopping pretty early to avoid the crowds and I can usually get the freshest fruits and vegetables since they restock early in the morning. I learned my lesson though, don't EVER go grocery shopping Friday afternoon. There was a zillion people there, the pharmacy didn't have my prescription ready and Meijer was out of a ton of stuff I needed and everything else was picked over. By the time I got to checkout I had already been in the store close to two hours. I was very grumpy and very hungry (hangry!). 

I unloaded my groceries as quick as possible when I got back to my apartment and threw the rotisserie chicken I had picked up in the oven to warm up for a few. I literally threw a ton of leftovers from my fridge into a bowl and called it a salad. It had 2 cups earthbound organic spring mix lettuce, leftover italian herb mixed veggies, 1 hard boiled egg, a few cherry tomatoes and some of the warmed rotisserie chicken. I felt better after I ate, but I was dead tired. After racing around decorating and being on my feet all day I was wiped out and headed to bed ridiculously early. 


No comments:

Post a Comment