Sunday, October 5, 2014

Study Grind


As you have probably noticed I have been MIA for the past week. I had a statistics exam, which I was totally freaked about so I spent a ton of time studying for that. Then this week is also midterms. It's hard to believe the semester is already half over. I am not complaining, but since school has started I have hardly had a minute to catch my breath, let alone blog. I still have posts from Labor Day weekend to put together- talk about slacking!

Yesterday was kind of a crummy day all around. I woke up really early (like 4am early) and could not fall back asleep. I got up, got a quick breakfast and figured I would get a nice long gym session in before studying. When I got over the gym I couldn't get in. I was frustrated not only because I couldn't get in, but the gym on campus doesn't open until 6. I went back to my apartment grumpy. Come to find out no one can get into the apartment gym, the finger print scanner system is screwed up and maintenance won't look at it until Monday (grrr). So, before it was even 5am I was already studying. 



Last night in the midst of studying for three exams, one quiz, and writing two essays I needed a breather. I stopped studying around 5 and called it a night. I broiled some delicious salmon, cooked up some potatoes, green beans and red pepper and made a small side salad. A delicious meal was just what I needed to unwind after a long day.



The salad was a mix of romaine and spring mix lettuces with red and orange bell peppers, avocado slices, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, blueberries, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, a few dried cherries and a two slices of dried coconut broken apart. I love adding fruit to my salad for extra sweetness. 

While eating my yummy meal I watched some TV, which NEVER happens with me. There really was not anything on so ended up watching 19 Kids and Counting. I could make a whole post about that show, but I shall keep my opinions to myself. 

I hope everyone is having a great weekend, stay warm it is chilly outside! And I do have a new crockpot recipe to share with you on Monday, you won't want to miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment