Thursday, October 16, 2014

Midterm Stress

I survived midterms, deep breath.  Maybe I should wait to take a deep breath until I see my grades...in any case surviving four exams, one of which was a statistics exam and the other three were essay exams (the worst!), two essays and broadcasting project calls for a mini celebration in my books! 

I am not a sweets person and generally I get really sick if I have anything sweet. I also still have issues trying "unhealthy" foods, but that is a topic for another day. After finishing up exams and everything I ran off campus to mail my brother a care package and I stopped in at a small grocery store across the street because I needed to pick up one thing. I found what I needed then I ran into the Arctic Zero! I have heard so many great things about Arctic Zero so I was really excited to try it.



People rave about Arctic Zero, it's an entire pint of gluten free and lactose free ice cream! I had never tried it, but a celebration calls for ice cream right?! I choose the cookies and cream flavor.


Once I got back to my apartment I threw together a quick salad for dinner. It has romaine lettuce and spinach, heated up leftover garden vegetable medley mix, 1/2 honey crisp apple, two tablespoons fresh blueberries, half a tablespoon of pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and dried tart cherries and I topped it with grilled chicken. 



I love adding fruit to my salads, not only for extra sweetness, but it also gives you a serving of fruit with your vegetables. Two for one! I don't use salad dressing anyway, but if you add fruit into a salad you won't need to use salad dressing because fruits naturally sweeten the salad up.



After enjoying my delicious salad for dinner and cleaning up my apartment a bit I changed into sweats and did something I rarely do, planted myself in front of the TV. I have a hard time sitting still so I can't sit and watch TV, but I choose an episode of The Big Bang Theory and dug into my Arctic Zero. I couldn't even finish half of the pint so I saved the rest for another time. It was so nice to sit and just chill out.

No comments:

Post a Comment