Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Pumpkin Pie Spice Turkey Wrap and Some Puffins


A fellow foodie on mine has a knack for making delicious foods with some strange combinations. She has not steered me wrong yet, but sometimes some of the stuff raises a few eyebrows, however I happen to be a big believer in don't knock it till you try it!



I channeled some inspiration from her and made a wrap for lunch. I used half of a low carb high fiber GF wrap an smeared some Jif Whips pumpkin pie spice peanut butter down the center of the wrap. Next I added romaine lettuce, oven roasted turkey breast, smashed avocado, red and orange bell pepper slices, cherry tomatoes, two tablespoons freshly grated mozzarella cheese and a pinch of Caribbean jerk seasoning. 

I know it sounds like an odd combination with pumpkin peanut butter and jerk seasoning, but I promise it was so delicious. The wrap was so full when I actually wrapped it I had to use a toothpick to keep it closed! 


With my wrap I had 1/2 cup vanilla greek yogurt, two tablespoons GF puffins and a small handful of fresh blueberries. 

If you have any odd combinations of food please share with me or tag me in your Instagram photos, I'd love to see them and taste them for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment