Sunday, November 2, 2014

Daylight Savings Time and Catch Up: Weekend at Home Part 3

A person can get a lot done when they wake up at 3:30 in the morning. My friends all think I am clinically insane, but I can't sleep in. The time change this morning screwed up my internal clock. My body was saying wake up, but it was only 3:30. Unfortunately I am one of those people who when I wake up I am wide awake.

I wasn't about to complain because there have been a lot that I have been slacking on, mainly cleaning, around my apartment because I have been so busy with classes. I whipped up a quick breakfast and got to work scrubbing. I scrubbed my entire apartment from top to bottom, baked cinnamon banana muffins to freeze for the week and changed my sheets. I may fall asleep in church later this morning...

Anyway, I wanted to catch up on the last of the pictures from the weekend I was home. Since my mom had recently had foot surgery she had not been able to go grocery shopping or do errands. Normally once a month we make a run to Costco to pick up a select few items. After my Saturday morning workout I set off to Costco and Whole Foods. I was in and out of Costco in record time, but on my way to Whole Foods I kept hearing this weird noise. I pulled over thinking I must have a flat tire, but I could not find anything wrong. I pulled out and kept going until I heard a BOOM! I knew it was my tire and of course I was sitting at a light for an intersection. Thankfully I was able to get through the intersection and into a gas station. Long story short there was no nail or anything in my tire just a decent sized hole- I was mad because my tires are basically brand new! I can do a lot of my own car maintenance, changing a tire is not one of those things though. I had to sit and wait for AAA, who thankfully was able to fix my tire. 


After an hour delay I made it to Whole Foods and they were out of stock of the item I needed most (it just wasn't my day). I picked up a few of the other items I needed and ran home to spend the rest of the day with Cora. She got a new toy when I came home and in less than an hour she had stuffing all over the living room. Seriously one of the most destructive dogs I have ever met, which is exactly why we stopped buying her dog toys. We now go to salvation army and get her a bunch of stuffed animals for under a dollar so I don't feel like I wasted a ton of money when she destroys them. 

I drove back to school Monday morning and after my evening class I threw together a bunch of leftovers I had brought back with me. I cooked salmon, but heated up leftover roasted vegetables, sweet potato and this insanely delicious mix of green beans and sliced potatoes tossed in a light seasoning. 

I had made a gigantic batch of roasted vegetables when I was home because my mom absolutely loves them. I used zucchini, yellow squash, sliced baby bella mushrooms, sweet onion, and yellow, orange and red bell peppers. Just like normal I dump all the veggies into a giant ziploc bag with a tablespoon of olive oil, ground pepper and minced garlic to taste. Shake it all up, lay it on a lined baking sheet and bake it at 350 for 45 minutes or until the veggies turn a golden brown. 


I wish I could tell you the recipe for the green beans and potato slices, but I did not make them so I don't know. They were very delicious though! 

I need to get back to studying for my statistics exam on Tuesday, but I hope everyone enjoys the extra hour of sleep and have a fantastic Sunday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment