Thursday, April 2, 2015

Buff Bake Overnight Oats


Two words: overnight oats. If you've never had overnight oats have you even lived?! Ok that might be slightly dramatic, not really though. 

Overnight oats make life so much easier especially if you're not a morning person. I am a strange creature of habit and I am a really early morning person (like a 4am kind of person). I always have a protein shake before I got to the gym. When I come back I want real food. 

I have a plethora of empty peanut butter and almond butter jars laying around and really there is no better use for them than overnight oats. My brother got me hooked on Buff Bake, check them out if you haven't their spread are seriously delicious! 

Here's the breakdown of the layers in my overnight oats:
  • 1/4 cup dannon light and fit vanilla greek yogurt
  • 3 strawberries, sliced
  • 1/8 cup fresh blueberries
  • 1/3 cup GF oats
  • 1/4 cup dannon light and fit vanilla greek yogurt
  • 3 strawberries, sliced
  • 1/8 cup blueberries
  • 1 Cocoa Crunch Square bar, cut into chunks

Everything was firmly packed into a 99% empty chocolate chip peanut butter Buff Bake jar. I like to make up these jars the night or two nights before because if I need to shower and rush off to class it's an easy way to have healthy food on the go. If I have time I do prefer to add a protein bar before I eat it because some bars get soggy in the fridge overnight. 

What's your favorite almost empty nut butter container to use for overnight oats? 

No comments:

Post a Comment