Thursday, April 23, 2015

Peanut Butter Snickerdoodle Green Smoothie


It's one of those days. By those days I mean I woke up feeling like I got run over by a bus. Always a pleasure to wake up sick after finishing exams- NOT. I plan on resting, eating my weight in fruits and veggies, and getting a ridiculous amount of Vitamin C in my system to kick this bug ASAP.

I started this morning with a green smoothie and my blender decided to not completely blend my greens, hence the green specks. BUT this smoothie was delicious! Despite my blender not working properly I still couldn't taste the green. The banana makes the smoothie sweet and totally hides the spinach and avocado- yes there is avocado in this smoothie.The avocado gives the smoothie healthy fats and makes it thicker. Just trust me this smoothie is delicious!

Peanut Butter Snickerdoodle Smoothie
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1 cup frozen spinach
  • 1 tablespoon PB2 (powdered peanut butter)
  • 1/2 very small avocado 
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • cinnamon, to taste

Blend all ingredients until smoothie. Hopefully your blender doesn't poop out like mine did :( 

I plan on making this smoothie a lot these next few days and staying cuddled up by my window with a good book. I hate having to rest but I know my body needs to to kick this bug. At least this smoothie will make resting a little more flavorful!

No comments:

Post a Comment