Thursday, April 16, 2015

Thursday Thoughts

It's the week before finals so I have been slacking on the blog. The weather has been so nice that it has been hard to even think about finals, all I want to do is be outside. Plus I'm really over this semester- mentally, emotionally, and physically I'm exhausted and need a break. Time to go back to Maui! Since that is not likely to happen and I haven't had time to post recipes this week I figured I would share some thoughts from my week.


1. Overnight oats have been my jam lightly. Within the past two weeks I have had four or five empty nut butter jars and they have all been put to use. I don't just eat overnight oats for breakfast either sometimes I'm lazy and pack one for lunch- in my world oatmeal is acceptable any time of day. 

2. Clean Cuisine: An 8-Week Anti-Inflammatory Diet that Will Change the Way You Age, Look and Feel by Ivy Larson and Andrew Larson MD- such a good book! I have been looking into more natural methods to curing inflammation in the body for my lupus because I do not like being on medication. It's fascinating, packed with scientific studies and I can't put it down. I highly recommend it!


3. This is my new favorite machine (can it be classified as a machine?) at the gym. It gives such a good lower ab workout and you feel the burn! Even though my lower abs have been on fire I still love using it because it's fun- yes that's right I said fun. Working out should be fun in my world not something to dread.


4. Ever seen a manhole cover blow? I hadn't until last Saturday. I was visiting Downtown Detroit and at Hockeytown Cafe with my dad. We heard this giant BOOM- it sounded like someone fired a cannon. Turns out the manhole cover had blown. Every once in awhile flames would shoot up in the air and smoke poured out. Luckily the fire department was 100 feet down the street, but apparently it has to burn itself out. Definitely made for a memorable night. 


5. My latest obsession- almond butter in açai bowls and açai oats! SO. GOOD. No surprise that I'm still obsessed with açai bowls, but adding a tablespoon (or two...) of almond butter to the top or even to the blender when making it makes it extra thick and adds some nice flavor. Justin's maple almond butter has been my favorite recently! 

6. There is still no nut butter emoji on the iPhone. WHAT IS UP WITH THAT?! There's a long list of emoji's that are missing including nut butters, avocado, hockey stick, grapefruit, etc. Apple really needs to get on that (please!).

Happy Thursday everyone and cheer up it's almost the weekend! 

P.S. Be sure to follow me on instagram-I'm putting together a give away that will be running shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment