Monday, September 28, 2015

Lemon Pistachio Salmon


Happy Monday! What an absolutely beautiful weekend we had! The weather was picture perfect, and even though I had a ton of homework and studying to do I managed to squeeze in some time with a friend. It's important to take time for yourself during the semester. I need time with friends to relax and get away from school. Mental breaks are as necessary as vacations.

I needed a quick dinner because I have class until late. Salmon is probably my favorite food, but I only have it once in awhile because it's expensive (college budget struggles). I decided to make salmon, but kick it up a notch. This salmon was inspired by the Purely Elizabeth cookbook, which by the way is AMAZING and you should definitely go order a copy (or 12). I liked the idea of pistachios, but I made it my own because I'm not a giant pesto fan and because I think lemon makes everything better! 

Lemon Pistachio Salmon
  • 4 oz salmon fillet 
  • .2-.3 oz ground pistachios
  • freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • garlic salt, to taste
  • dill seafood seasoning, to taste

Line a baking sheet and spray with nonstick cook spray.

Place salmon on baking sheet.

Pour lemon juice over salmon. To get a more intense lemon flavor marinate the salmon in lemon juice overnight. 

Grind pistachios (I ground about 1.5 tablespoons to get .2oz of ground pistachios) in food processor until finely ground, but a few chunks remain.

Sprinkle ground pistachios over salmon fillet coating the entire fillet. 

Sprinkle garlic salt and dill seafood seasoning to your liking over the salmon fillet.

Bake at 400F degrees for 17-20 minutes. The salmon should be tender and easily fall apart when it is done. 

This recipe easily double and triples, so you can prep it for a week or make it as as single serving for yourself! Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. 

Nutrition (for single serving):
MACROS: 4C/13F/22P
Nutrition Facts
Servings 1.0
Amount Per Serving
calories 221
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 13 g21 %
Saturated Fat 4 g22 %
Monounsaturated Fat 1 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46 mg15 %
Sodium 206 mg9 %
Potassium 46 mg1 %
Total Carbohydrate 4 g1 %
Dietary Fiber 1 g2 %
Sugars 1 g
Protein 22 g44 %
Vitamin A0 %
Vitamin C23 %
Calcium0 %
Iron2 %

No comments:

Post a Comment