Friday, November 20, 2015

Cinnamon Pear Baked Oatmeal


Can I get an AMEN that it's finally Friday?! The end of the semester is closing in and profs have been piling on the work like none other. I've come to grips with the fact that I just won't have a social life until graduation and exams are over. A large part of me has already mentally checked out- the part of me that hasn't sleep in weeks and is up to my ears in projects, papers, and news stories that need to be edited. Thank the lord I am almost done with school- I've had more than my fill.

About the only thing keeping me sane these days is going to the gym and letting off some steam. I haven't run in awhile because it's been painful to do so. I'm letting my body be my guide and clearly its needed a break. 

ANYWHO onto the tasty part, that's why you're here right? I have been a pear eating machine this fall and in large part its because they are so good!! And sprinkled with cinnamon then baked in oatmeal HOLY DELICIOUSNESS!! I've gotten multiple requests to share this recipe, so it's about time I finally got around to it. Be warned you better prepare yourself because your house/apartment will smell amazing and your tastebuds will definitely be doing a happy dance!!

Cinnamon Pear Baked Oatmeal
  • 1/2 cup gluten free oats
  • 1/2 heaping tablespoon cinnamon
  • 1/4 heaping teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • a little over 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 3 Tablespoons liquid egg whites, or one egg (yolk+whites)
  • 1/2 pear, sliced

Preheat oven to 350F degrees. 

Spray a ramekin with nonstick cook spray or coconut oil.

In the ramekin combine oats, cinnamon and baking powder.

When the dry ingredients are combined add in the vanilla extract, egg whites, and almond milk. 

Finally lay pear slices on top of oats and sprinkle with more cinnamon.

Bake at 350F degrees for 30 minutes. 

Allow the oats to cool for a few minutes before devouring!




No comments:

Post a Comment