Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Baked Raspberry Pomegranate Oatmeal


T'was the day before Thanksgiving and all across the land every dang person was at the grocery store. BUT SERIOUSLY. I swear everyone and their brother is at the dang grocery store. I just wanted some fresh produce, but I think I will wait and dare I say it? I may possibly attempt grocery shopping on black Friday<- I could live to regret that statement. 

Since I pulled into the grocery store and the parking lot was basically full- I'm brave, but I'm not dumb so this sista is going without blackberries for a few days. I'm going to make do with what I have so if you see some weird combinations on your instagram feed it's because I'm almost out of fruit (no worries broccoli oatmeal will not be happening).  

Baked oatmeal has become one of my favorite breakfasts even though it does take 30 minutes to bake. I'm almost always starving when I come back from the gym so I have the oatmeal prepped in the fridge and pop it in while I shower and change. Nothing beats a delicious breakfast to start the day!

Baked Raspberry Pomegranate Oatmeal
  • 1/2 cup gluten free oats
  • 1 Tablespoon Salba Chia Seeds
  • 1/2 Tablespoon cinnamon
  • heaping 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 3 Tablespoons egg whites
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1.5 oz fresh raspberries
  • 1 oz pomegranate seeds, divided

Preheat oven to 350F degrees.

Spray a ramekin with nonstick cook spray or coconut oil. 

In ramekin combine oats, chia seeds, cinnamon, and baking powder.

Once dry ingredients are combine add in egg whites, vanilla extract, and almond milk. Stir until batter has thickened slightly. 

Stir half of the pomegranate seeds into the batter.

Place raspberries and remaining pomegranate seeds on top of the batter.

Bake at 350F degrees for 30-35 minutes. Allow the oatmeal to cool for a few minutes before eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment