Monday, November 23, 2015

Crockpot Balsamic Pork Chops


Happy Monday before Thanksgiving! I am ready for Thanksgiving break (which doesn't start until Wednesday), but at the same time I still have a ton of homework to do over Thanksgiving break so it might not be much of a break at all. On the bright side less than 3 weeks till graduation!! All of my chords from the organizations I'm part of came in the mail and I got really excited!!

While I am excited for graduation I am a little sad. For one I'm going to miss my friends, having unlimited freedom, and not having anyone to nag me (sorry mom). I will NOT miss the homework, exams, or stress that comes will classes. 

Enough about graduating I'll do a post about that later. Onto the food! I haven't used my crockpot a ton this year, but I have definitely used it. It makes meal prep easy, especially now that I have been so busy. I hardly ever eat pork- I'm just not a big fan, but I needed a break from salads, chicken, and ground turkey. I was pleasantly surprised at how delicious it turned out and how the meat fell apart when I tried to get it out of the crockpot. Be prepared for some seriously tender meat!

Crockpot Balsamic Pork Chops
  • 4 pork chops (approx. ~5oz each)
  • 1 cup organic low sodium chicken (or vegetable) broth
  • 1 Tablespoon gluten free low sodium soy sauce
  • 1 Tablespoon honey
  • 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
  • 1-2 teaspoons minced garlic (to taste)
  • ground black pepper, to taste
  • seasonings of choice

Line the crockpot with a slow cooker liner and place the pork chops in the bottom of the crockpot.

In a 2 cup measuring cup combine chicken broth, soy sauce, honey, balsamic vinegar, and minced garlic. Stir until well combined.

Pour liquid over pork chops. 

Sprinkle pepper (if using) and any seasonings you'd like over pork chops.

Finally, cover the crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours. The meat will be so tender it will literally fall apart when you go to serve it! 

Nutrition (per serving):
MACROS: 13C/12F/37P
Nutrition Facts
Servings 4.0
Amount Per Serving
calories 305
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 12 g18 %
Saturated Fat 4 g19 %
Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 113 mg38 %
Sodium 245 mg10 %
Potassium 0 mg0 %
Total Carbohydrate 13 g4 %
Dietary Fiber 2 g6 %
Sugars 11 g
Protein 37 g73 %
Vitamin A0 %
Vitamin C0 %
Calcium0 %
Iron6 %

No comments:

Post a Comment