Monday, November 30, 2015

Power Breakfast


Happy Monday! I hope you had a fantastic Thanksgiving with family and friends. If your Thanksgiving was anything like mine there was more food than people and there was plenty of football to be had. I have to mention that the Lions won- it was a Thanksgiving miracle!!

I still can't believe November is almost over. It seems like it just started and now it's almost December and I graduate in less than two weeks-AHHH!! Time has been FLYING by and I'm trying to enjoy every second of it because I know life is going to change a lot. After hitting the gym Friday morning- and avoiding shopping at all costs- I was in need of an extra energy boost. I refueled with a powerful breakfast to get my day started before hitting the books to work on homework. Believe me I need all the energy I can get from food because I am lacking energy and motivation when it comes to school (I blame senioritis).

Power Breakfast
  • 1/3 cup gluten free oats
  • 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 2/3 cup water
  • 1/2 honeycrisp apple, cut into chunks
  • 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
  • 1 oz fresh raspberries
  • 1/2 oz pomegranate seeds
  • 1 Tablespoon Purely Elizabeth pumpkin fig granola

In a bowl or ramekin combine oats, nutmeg, and cinnamon. 

Add in water and stir. 

After stirring, add in apple chunks- I added a bit more cinnamon too- and stir.

Microwave for 1.5-2 minutes. Check oatmeal instructions. You want to make sure the oatmeal is hot and the apples are tender.

Add greek yogurt, raspberries, and pomegranate seeds to oatmeal. 

Finally top oats with Purely Elizabeth pumpkin fig granola and enjoy! It's a great high protein workout perfect for refueling after a workout or powering up for work or school!

Nutrition (one serving):
MACROS: 44C/13P/4F
Nutrition Facts
Servings 1.0
Amount Per Serving
calories 250
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 4 g7 %
Saturated Fat 1 g7 %
Monounsaturated Fat 1 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5 mg2 %
Sodium 65 mg3 %
Potassium 257 mg7 %
Total Carbohydrate 44 g15 %
Dietary Fiber 8 g32 %
Sugars 18 g
Protein 13 g26 %
Vitamin A1 %
Vitamin C27 %
Calcium11 %
Iron11 %

No comments:

Post a Comment