Sunday, November 8, 2015

Pumpkin Pie Pancakes (Gluten Free, Dairy Free)


Happy Sunday everyone! Maybe it's just me, but this weekend has been flying by so far. I wish it would slow down a little so I could enjoy some of it. I've spent most of the weekend working on homework- a broadcasting project, writing papers, studying for an exam, and reading. BUT the end is in sight! Only one month to graduation! WHOOP WHOOP!! 

During study breaks I've been puttering (does anyone still say this?) around the kitchen. I've really really missed developing new recipes in the last few weeks. Yeah I've done some with meal prep, but no hard core let's see what happens when I combine these two. Well I did that now and the result...PUMPKIN PIE PANCAKES. These pancakes are legit guys. They are so incredibly moist, like pumpkin pie, and literally bursting with pumpkiny (totally made that word up) goodness!! Call me basic because I enjoy pumpkiny treats, but as long as I get to enjoy a DOUBLE batch of these bad boys for only 20C/6F/26P (240 calories for 2 stacks!!!!) I am so on board!!

Pumpkin Pie Pancakes
  • 1/3-1/2 cup organic canned pumpkin
  • 6 Tablespoon liquid egg whites (or 1/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons)
  • 1 Tablespoon ground flax seed
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • OPTIONAL: 1 teaspoon zero calorie sweetener

In a small bowl combine all ingredients. 

Stir until everything is well combined. Add in zero calorie sweetener if you like sweeter pancakes. 

Spray a skillet with nonstick cook spray and heat to medium.

Pour 1/8 cup of batter at a time. 

When the outside of the pancake begins to brown and air bubbles form flip the pancake. Cook each side for approximately 2-3 minutes. Cook time will depend on your stove top and how crispy you like your pancakes. 

Repeat with remaining batter. This recipe can easily be double if you're extra hungry or tripled if you want to share. Leftover pancakes freeze very well! I doubled the recipe because I was hungry, so the macros for my double stack were 20C/6F/26P. 

Nutrition per single stack:
MACROS:1OC/3F/13P 
Nutrition Facts
Servings 1.0
Amount Per Serving
calories 120
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 3 g5 %
Saturated Fat 0 g1 %
Monounsaturated Fat 1 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg0 %
Sodium 1469 mg61 %
Potassium 237 mg7 %
Total Carbohydrate 10 g3 %
Dietary Fiber 4 g14 %
Sugars 3 g
Protein 13 g26 %
Vitamin A185 %
Vitamin C5 %
Calcium4 %
Iron6 %

No comments:

Post a Comment