Tuesday, January 5, 2016

One Pan Dinner: Turkey Veggie Skillet


It seems like forever since I have posted a recipe! Technically it hasn't been that long, but I haven't posted a meal recipe (besides breakfast) since the middle of December (one pan greek chicken). Since then I've graduated college, completed finals, moved, then the holidays, and here I am. Holy moly right? I'm pretty sure that's the busiest December I've ever had. At least it was crazy busy in a good way though. 

Now it's time to get back into the swing of things. Throughout all the craziness working out has been keeping me sane and I've been eating good, but I haven't had hardly any time to cook, which I've missed like crazy. I am back to prepping meals, even though I don't have classes anymore (that reality has yet to sink in) because it just makes life easier. One pan dinners have become my go to (who doesn't love a super easy clean up?) and best of all it's ready in 30 minutes or less (depending on your veggie chopping skills). It's packed with flavor and veggies and heats up great! 

Turkey Veggie Skillet
  • 1 lb. lean ground turkey
  • 1 Tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1/2 cup sweet onion, diced
  • 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
  • 1 red bell pepper, diced
  • 1.5-2 cups green beans, trimmed and cut in half
  • 3/4 cup tomato sauce
  • 1/4-1/2 teaspoon chili powder

In a large skillet heat olive oil to medium. 

When skillet is warm add ground turkey and use a spatula to break it into chunks.

Continually stir turkey to cook evenly.

When the turkey is cooked through on one side add in diced onion and minced garlic. Stir to combine. Cook until onions are golden brown.

The turkey should be done (or close to it) now, so add in diced bell peppers, green beans, and chili powder and stir. 

After stirring add in tomato sauce and stir to combine. 

Cook vegetables until they are tender.

When done cooking, remove skillet from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes before serving. 

If you make this yummy (and easy!) meal tag me on instagram and use the hashtag #thesimplelife and go like my new page on Facebook!

Nutrition per serving (based on 5 servings of 1 heaping cup):
MACROS: 14C/9F/18P
Nutrition Facts
Servings 5.0
Amount Per Serving
calories 218
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 9 g14 %
Saturated Fat 2 g12 %
Monounsaturated Fat 2 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 64 mg21 %
Sodium 466 mg19 %
Potassium 394 mg11 %
Total Carbohydrate 14 g5 %
Dietary Fiber 3 g14 %
Sugars 6 g
Protein 18 g36 %
Vitamin A36 %
Vitamin C130 %
Calcium4 %
Iron13 %

No comments:

Post a Comment