I'm pretty I blinked and this week is basically over. Did I not say last week that Thursday's just sneak up on me?! This week has been hectic, hence my lack of posts, so I apologize. I'll today's thinking out loud as a mini recap/mix of random thoughts because why not? Let's jump in!
1. I have been in desperate need of new running shorts for a very long time, but I have a hard time parting with good workout gear. If it's not totally destroyed why replace it? I had been wearing my trust black running shorts since I was a junior in high school (sad but true) and they were perfectly broken in. I had tried countless pairs of other shorts over the years but they chaffed or were really uncomfortable. I went to Dick's on a whim and left with the most comfortable pair of running shorts I have EVER owned. I bought a pair from Carrie Underwood's Calia line and I am now hooked. Over the weekend I went back and got another pair and two sports bras because her sports bras are the best! I have nothing but praise for her athletic line and I highly recommend it!
2. Does anyone else randomly browse Amazon? I was looking for a birthday gift for a friend but somehow ended up looking at wine glasses, no clue how I made that leap. I found this wine glass and laughed. It says, "I like long romantic walks down every aisle at Target."😂 I have no clue what it is about Target, but it's a fun store to browse in. If you're going to browse leave your wallet at home though because that store is dangerous!
3. I was given a Whole Foods gift card for Christmas so I made the trek out there late last week. Besides getting some of the freshest berries ever I found Forager dairy free yogurt. It's made from cashews and honestly it was amazing! It was thick and creamy and honestly it looked a lot like Siggi's. I would definitely eat it again and I wish my regular grocery store would carry it.
4. My boyfriend and I were walking around the mall last weekend and a store had a sign that say, "Hey girl," obviously referencing the Ryan Gosling memes. My boyfriend thought I was crazy because he had no clue what I was talking about. Even I, who has never seen a single movie with Ryan Gosling, knows about these memes. I used to see them all the time on my instagram and Facebook feeds. Please tell me I'm not crazy and the only one who has seen these memes?!
5. I have a stack of recipes to test out and on that list was a giant peanut butter cup AKA a giant Reese's cup. One of my best friends was the taste tester for it because I was thinking about making it for my boyfriend for Valentine's Day (shhh don't tell). I was honestly surprised it turned out so well and was so easy to make. Now I just have to make it prettier and shoot it and I'll share it next week😋 I promise it's super easy to make, only requires a few ingredients and can totally be made last minute.
6. Tuesday I had a meeting so I got to dress up and I was super excited. At the moment it's rare for me to have the opportunity to wear all the dresses I have in my closet so when I get the chance to dress up I jump on it. I found this Adrianna Papell dress at Nordstrom and fell in love. It's simply, classy and perfect for business wear. I'm not super into designers, but I adore Adrianna Papell🙌
7. I got the sweetest package ever from the amazing team at Panera this week. They sent me a gift card, an awesome mason jar, and this super cute workout tank. The tank top is SO soft and I cannot wait to wear it to yoga. Also, the motto on the shirt is basically the story of my life😂 I really do want to say a huge THANK YOU to the team at Panera, y'all have been amazing and I really am proud to support a company that believe in serving real food.
8. Last night I indulged in some self care. I have been feeling really worn down and I just needed some time to decompress and relax so I pulled out a face mask that I had been saving. Que bella face masks are amazing and leave my skin feeling so good! I usually pick them up at Target but I know they are also available on Amazon. It's a cheap way to treat myself and take a little time out to relax.
9. I'll end on a funny note this week. I found this while I was out this week and busted out laughing😂 I wish I could go back and tell my younger self to not be in such a rush to grow up because it's not all it's cracked up to be.
Have a terrific Thursday and a fabulous weekend everyone!
What are your plans for the weekend?
Are you doing anything fun to celebrate Valentine's Day next week?