Monday, February 27, 2017

Peanut Butter Superfood Energy Balls


I have been on a bit of an energy ball roll recently, no pun intended. They are super easy to make and they are a great on the go snack. I've taken energy balls in my work bag into meetings to eat afterward or when I'm driving- no one wants to be hangry when stuck in traffic😳

Emily from Beauty In Christ was so sweet and sent me a package with Jem Organics nut butters. I still have to be super careful about my fat intake and honestly I really can't stomach nut butters anymore, but I whipped up a batch of energy balls with it and they were delicious! Between my friends, family and I they were all devoured within three days, but that's always a sign of a successful recipe! 

Peanut Butter Superfood Energy Balls
  • 1/4 cup Jem Organics cinnamon red maca almond butter
  • 3 Tablespoons honey
  • 1/3 cup gluten free oats
  • 1 Tablespoon sunflower seeds
  • 1 Tablespoon pumpkin seeds
  • 1 Tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes
  • 1/2 Tablespoon chia seeds
  • 1/2 Tablespoon hemp seeds
  • OPTIONAL: 1.5 Tablespoons chocolate chips

In a microwave safe bowl combine almond butter and honey. If needed melt almond butter and honey slightly. 

Add in oats, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, coconut flakes, chia seeds, hemp seeds, and chocolate chips. Gently stir together all ingredients until combined.

If you don't want to manually stir together ingredients put everything, minus chocolate chips, into processor and process until combined. Fold chocolate chips into mixture.

Using your hands form balls 1-1.5 inches big. Repeat until mix is gone. 

Store energy balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator. 

If you make these delicious energy balls post a picture and tag me on instagram or Facebook. I hope you like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment