Thursday, May 11, 2017

Running and Happy Puppies: Thinking Out Loud #36

Happy Thursday! I'm running on aloe water and fumes as I type this because the two and half hours of sleep I got cannot be considered a nights sleep, heck that's pretty much a nap. The struggle is very real today #teamnosleep. Here's to hoping I form mostly complete sentences for this weeks thinking out loud!


1. Sunday was an awesome day for me because I ran SEVEN pain free miles🎉🎉🎉 I shared a little about why I needed to run on instagram, but I was beyond happy to just run. I didn't put any time limits on myself because I hadn't run in a week due to pain from the kidney stone, which I've still yet to get rid of😒 I'm taking it one day at a time and listening to my body but I was bursting with joy that I was able to get seven miles in!


2. I picked up some flowers for my mom this week because this week marked her ten year cancer free anniversary! She was diagnosed with breast cancer when I was pretty young and I really didn't understand what was going on. My mom was fortunate because the cancer was caught early so she didn't need chemo, but she went through several surgeries over the course of a year and despite a few setbacks, a little over a year after he diagnosis she was declared cancer free! Every year I get my mom flowers with the number of carnations corresponding to how many years she's been cancer free🌸


3. The weather has finally broke in the mitten and we are FINALLY getting some warmer temps. Cora has been overjoyed that it hasn't been raining every day and she's been running around the yard, playing with her best friend who lives a few houses down, and swimming in the lake. At the end of the day she is one very tired puppy. The other day I found her spread out on my bed sleeping with the happiest look on her face💜


4. "Character is who you are when no one is watching." I love that quote and ironically it was in the fortune cookie of my Chinese takeout. It's such a powerful statement because I've always believed actions speak louder than words and the actions you take when no one is around speak volumes about who you really are.

5. The quote from my fortune reminded me of a saying my dad always used to tell my when my brother and I were growing up. He would always tell us, "never do something you'd be ashamed to tell your mom and I about." This is something I still keep in mind even now that I'm in my 20's.


6. I'm not one to buy new music often but I have been loving Charlie Puth's new single Attention. It's such a fun song to listen to to get pumped up for a workout or when running because I just want to dance. The beat is so dang catchy and fun and I definitely recommend checking it out👌


7. I want to say a big thank you for all the support, messages, texts, I have gotten about my World Lupus Day post. I'm always hesitant to share posts like that because I never want something to think I'm looking for sympathy because I'm definitely not. It's always scary to be so open and vulnerable about my struggles with this disease because people can be (and have been) really, really mean about it. Thankfully I have a thick skin and mean comments don't get to me, but all I ever hope to do is raise awareness about this disease. If I can educate one or two people about lupus then I'm a happy camper. Also, thank you for all the love this week and for all the kinds words and prayers for healing with this dang kidney stone. I'm determined to make the best of it and not let it get me down💜

Have a terrific Thursday and an amazing weekend!!

What is one thing that you are really passionate about and sets your soul on fire?
Do you have a favorite song?

4 comments:

  1. I missed the info about a kidney stone -- I amazed you ran with one! I've never had one, but one of my friends did once -- I know they're incredibly painful.

    We having a little teaser of some good weather before more rain comes, then it looks like spring might actually come again next week. Par for the course in this neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took an entire week off running per doctors orders and frankly there was ZERO way I would have been able to run. I'm still waiting for the dang thing to go away, but luckily the pain has subsided some and I've gotten one run in this week, but I've cut back because of reappearing pain. Something so tiny should not be able to cause so much pain!

      I hope you can enjoy some sunshine and fingers crossed spring/summerlike weather is here to stay!

      Delete
  2. Wow. So thankful for that reminder of actions speaking louder than words. I'm a person who likes words, but I have learned the value of less words and more living, living what I know and what Christ has done in me. Thank you for that Rachael!

    Praying for sleep for you and strength in the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And so so so thankful that your mom has been cancer free for so long!

    ReplyDelete