Happy Thursday! The past week has felt like a giant blur, especially since a few unexpected thing happened in my family. It partly feels like I've just been going through the motions for this week, but after Friday things should (🤞) calm down and I'm am looking forward to some much needed downtime. However, in the meantime let's jump into this weeks thinking out loud.
1. It's been over a week since I've been allowed (or able) to run and a small part of me feels dead inside. I LOVE running and I LOVE my morning runs, but I also know how important it is to rehab this injury and give my body some rest. I go to physical therapy three times a week for over an hour each time and it's hard! Luckily, I work with a really amazing therapist but everything feels so much harder than it should be. I've been working on standing on just my left leg, which is the injured one, and I last about five seconds before falling over. It's frustrating because I know I have good balance and I can do this, but in my current state I can't. I just want to run again and be pain free but I know it's a process- and a much slower process than I'd like.
2. To say I've been down in the dumps about not being able to run is kind of an understatement, but I got the absolute best surprise last Friday. I was out getting a few things done and I came home to this beautiful edible arrangement from my boyfriend. He's a runner too so he understand my frustration, but I was blown away by his sweet gesture. The whole thing might have been devoured in less than three days...no shame😋
3. Over the weekend I spent some time with my mom and she wanted to stop at Bath and Body Works. I haven't been in that store in a long time, but she needed some lotion and I had a buy one item get another item free coupon. Because of damage to my sinuses there's very few things I can smell, but I smelt this lotion right away and feel in love😍 It smells like Hawaiian tropics sunscreen and it's AMAZING! I snatched it up and have been loving the smell ever since, I definitely recommend it if you're looking for a summertime lotion.
4. It's been SUPER hot here, like in the 90's with a heat index of 100 every day this week. Cora has basically lived in the water. I limit her crazy playtime outside because I don't want her to get overheated, I make sure she's drinking tons of water, and of course she spends a ton of time swimming and cooling down in the lake. She got a new floating water frisbee and she's in love with it. I had to physically get her out of the lake yesterday, I swear she's half fish🐠
5. Is anyone else one of those crazy people that when it's still super hot out they turn on the oven and bake?🙋 sometimes I need a break so I'll bake, even when it's crazy hot. This week I whipped up a batch of s'mores brownies for a community picnic and then another batch for a friend. Anywhere I take them they are always devoured and I get tons of people asking me for the recipe. They're super easy to make and people of all ages love them so it's a win win. If you're interested here's the recipe.
6. Tons of funny dog pictures have been flooding my Facebook feed recently, but I have to say I think this is my favorite. The dogs expression just kills me and I literally laughed out loud😂 Dogs are the best and I will never understand how people don't like them. I've fully accepted the fact that I'm going to be that crazy lady with seven million dogs when I get older. My boyfriend isn't so crazy about that idea, but let's be real dogs>>>boyfriend any day😜
7. I saw this quote this week and instantly loved it. People are so quick to raise their voices to argue, but carefully choosing your words should be WAY more important. My parents always taught me growing up that arguing gets you nowhere and it's true. When two (or more) people are just yelling at each other nothing is going to be accomplished, but if you take a moment to collect yourself and sit down to have a civil conversation so much more would get accomplished.
I'm going to end things there this week. Have a great rest of the week🎉🎉🎉
What is your favorite summertime treat?
How do you deal with the crazy summer heat?