Thursday, March 8, 2018

Puppies, What Else Is New: Thinking Out Loud #79

Happy Thursday! It has been such a good week. The weather has been all over the place, it was sunny and 71F one day and then snow and 50 mph winds the next. I'll never figure this place out, but despite the wacky weather this week has been a lot of fun! Being a news reporter keeps life interesting because every day is something different. There was a LOT of puppies this week which is always makes for an amazing day! Anyway, let's jump into this weeks thinking out loud!



1. Hands down my favorite part of the week was going to a dog yoga class. Nothing beats puppies and yoga and then combine the two = HEAVEN😍The class was a fundraiser for a local dog rescue. This little puppies mama was going to be put down at a shelter in Kansas due to overcrowding even though she was pregnant. The dog rescue from Nebraska drove down, saved her and she had her puppies. The pups are only eight weeks old so they're still too young to be adopted away from their mama, but the rescue was looking for homes for them. This little fella was so scared I coaxed him out of the crate and he just plopped down in my lap and we snuggled for awhile. I wanted to take him home because he was the sweetest tempered dog...actually I wanted to take all the puppies home, but my landlord would probably have a heart attack with seven pups running around. I have some more pictures of the adorable pups on my instagram if you want to check them out!

2. Today is a very special day because it's my big brother's birthday!! Even though I can't celebrate with him because he's out in sunny SoCal (and I'm stuck in snow) I still want to wish him a very happy birthday! He's always been a terrific brother and while we don't get to see each other much anymore living in different states he's still pretty ok😜Happy Birthday bro!!



3. One of my coworkers has been bugging me to make the brownie cookies I shared back in November. They're so easy to make and they're always a big hit when I bring them to work. Besides, nothing brings a little cheer to the office more than some goodies!



4. I love small businesses. One of my friends works way out in the middle of nowhere Nebraska. She told me about a great little boutique that has really cute clothes so I looked them up online. SO MANY CUTE CLOTHES! They have tons of deals too, plus when the dress I ordered arrived they included a hand written postcard! No big businesses will do that. The store is called the 308 boutique, if you're in need of a cute outfit check them out! Plus they ship seriously fast. I got my order in two days, that's amazon prime speed folks!



5. Something else I'm loving recently is ThredUp. I hate going to the mall to shop, but working in TV I need a variety of clothes to wear because I can't wear the same thing everyday. I'm a bargain hunter too so I decided to try it out. I ordered two shirts that were brand new with tags on them and they were so cute. This top (it's a pale pink not orange) got so many compliments. I wore it hoping to channel some spring vibes, but if you don't want to spend a ton check it out. I'm not really into the whole second hand thing (germophobe problems even though I know everything is cleaned), they have a TON of clothes that still have the tags on it!



6. Did anyone else participate in the Lemons for Leukemia challenge? One of the reporters brought it up to all of us in the newsroom and we all jumped on the challenge. We took photos and videos of us doing the challenge and even shared viewer photos. It was all to raise awareness about the need for bone marrow donors and a world record was set for the most people signing up to be donors in 24 hours. One of my coworkers and I both love lemons so we were all about the challenge and happy to step up for a good cause.



7. I love this quote! I think it's so easy to compare ourselves to others, especially with social media. Love yourself for who you are and everything you can do. Embrace your flaws because those are what make you YOU. Incase you haven't been told who you are is pretty dang amazing!

Have a terrific Thursday and a great weekend🎉🎉🎉
What is one thing you're looking forward to about the weekend?


How do you celebrate birthdays?

3 comments:

  1. Dog yoga! That sounds amazing, although I do have my own pup at home who always tries to steal my yoga mat lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Puppy yoga was the best!! I'm so glad there are amazing rescue groups who give dogs a second chance, I know all the puppies will receive amazing homes! My dog never knew what to do when I broke out the yoga mat😂

      Delete
  2. This was lovely thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete