Thursday, March 29, 2018

Puppies and Happiness: Thinking Out Loud #82

Happy Thursday! It's been a heck of a busy week and I think I need more than a weekend to recover. A vacation to Maui would probably do, but that's definitely not in the budget (reporter probs)🌸Anyway, let's jump into this weeks thinking out loud!


1. Last Thursday was National Puppy Day and it was a fantastic day! My social media feeds were filled with loads of puppies which was such a nice change. Normally my feeds are filled with news, but seeings tons of puppies just made my day. Of course I had to share some pictures of Cora. I miss this goofball more than ever, but my parents send me pictures all the time and I know she's in good hands💜


2. I did a story a few days ago with a group promoting international happiness day. I didn't even know that was a thing, but they had a massive wall with sticky notes where people could write how they share happiness with others. I added a note of my own and of course I said I bake with others😜Ironically I had just brought in brownies to work that morning.


3. I'm still experimenting with waves in my hair. I do love beachy waves, but it just takes so long to do with long hair and time isn't always on my side in news. I'm still trying to figure out what hairspray works best for making my hair stay wavy, if anyone has suggestions for a long lasting hairspray please let me know!


4. A few days ago I did a story of a five year old girl who started her own lip balm business. She, along with a little help from her mom, makes all natural and vegan varieties in a ton of flavors. She was sweet enough to give me one and it's probably the best lip balm I've ever owned. It keeps my lips moisturized for hours, but with other brands I always feel like I have to reapply. They ship them so if you're interested you can check them out here.


5. Getting back into the running groove is a lot harder than I thought it would be. Granted I knew I wouldn't be able to jump back in and just pound out 12 or more miles, but I definitely thought it wouldn't take this long. I'm still doing pretty short mileage, per my doctors orders, but of course it's frustrating. I want to get back out there, train, and run races, but it's definitely difficult to slowly build up. My doctor wants to make sure my meniscus is totally healed so I don't risk the possibility of tearing it again. I'm trying to be grateful and take the small victories as they come, but I'm impatient and want to run😬 


6. Despite the cooler than normal weather I'm craving pressed juicery😍I wish they had locations in the midwest, but sadly they don't. So basically I need to take a trip out to Cali ASAP or just move out there. Pressed is made from all fruits, veggies, and nuts so it's good for you. It's also crazy delicious, definitely try it if you haven't👌


7. Harper Lee is the best💜I've always loved To Kill A Mockingbird, but the more I learn about her the more I love her. She was an incredible lady and this quote is so true. If you've never read anything by her check her out.

Have a great Thursday and a terrific weekend!

What is your favorite book and why?

What is your favorite way to share happiness with others?

No comments:

Post a Comment