Monday, December 23, 2019

Christmas Pups: Thinking Out Loud (Monday Edition) #126

Happy Monday! So normally I share a thinking out loud post on Thursday, but with Christmas on Wednesday I wanted to have more time to spend with husband and pups. The past few weeks have been rough for a lot of reasons probably the top reason being lack of sleep. Zeke is still keeping us up at night- any tips on how to get a puppy to sleep through the night are welcome. Anyway before I blab too much let's jump into this weeks thinking out loud!


1. Zeke graduated from puppy obedience class a little over a week ago and now we're debating if we should sign him up for a more advanced class. He's come a long way on his commands but he still has a long way to go. No matter what we try he's still not sleeping through the night. We thought it might be because he had to go potty, but he's hardly going. We're exhausted and really just don't know what to do. 


2. Last weekend we went to my company Christmas party. I love the company I work for, thankfully, and the party was unreal. Dozens of very expensive items were raffled off, sadly we didn't win anything. It was nice to get out and away from the pups for a bit. We rarely have time for just the two of us anymore between work and the pups. We relaxed, chatted with friends, and stayed out way past our bedtime. Despite being tired the next day we had a great time. 


3. One of the best parts of my job is the ability to give back to the community. Our charity partner, Chariots4Hope, held their last class of the year which also happened to be the graduation class for four of the women. These women have come such a long way in the past six months and watching them grow has been so exciting. The company I work for decided to surprise the women with Christmas presents for their families. We had spent an entire day shopping and wrapping presents for the families, but seeing their faces made it all worthwhile. 


4. With Christmas right around the corner Ginger and Zeke are gearing up for the big day. Neither of them has had a Christmas before so we're really excited to spoil them. Even my parents have mailed them presents, so rest assured these pups will be spoiled rotten and hopefully exhausted on Christmas so we can (finally) get some sleep. 


5. I saw this meme the other day that cracked me up because it's so true. I'm always showing people pictures of our pups whether they ask or not. Sorry our dogs are cute and I'm a proud parents. It's really no different than showing me pictures of your kids that I didn't ask to see. 

Have a great week and a very Merry Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment