Sunday, October 6, 2013

Greek Yogurt Parfait To Go

Sometimes in the midst of running between classes or between lunch and dinner on
weekends I get hungry. I hate what I call the "awkward midday hunger." I hate it because I don't want to eat something too filling and not be hungry for dinner, but I don't want to not eat and be cranky from hunger by the time dinner rolls around. One of my go to snacks is a greek yogurt parfait. 
I love Dannon's Light and Fit yogurt!! It is delicious
and it is packed with protein.

Many yogurt parfaits are made with yogurts high in calories and low in protein. I use Dannon Light and Fit Vanilla Greek Yogurt which has only 80 calories and 12 grams of protein!! The protein will help keep you full until dinner rolls around. 

I always keep frozen fruit on hand. Never know when
it will be needed!!
Before I get to the yogurt I get three frozen strawberries, I use Meijer brand all natural no sugar added, and between 10 and 15 frozen blueberries, also Meijer brand all natural no sugar added. I prefer to heat my frozen fruit up for about 15 seconds, just long enough so I can chop the strawberries into slices and so I don't have to feel like I am biting into a solid rock. 
YUMMY!!!

Once my frozen fruit is softened and cut I  mix in my Dannon Light and Fit Greek Yogurt blending the fruit and the yogurt thoroughly. I also like to add one and half tablespoons of Quaker all natural Granola for an added crunch. Mix in the granola and enjoy!!

I like to mix the ingredients in a Ziploc resealable container. This way I can easily put a lid on it and pack it in a lunch box for between classes or if I don't finish it I can save the rest for later.

I eat this for a snack, but I also enjoy it as a dessert from time to time. It is low in sugar and calories, and has lots of protein which is guaranteed to keep you feeling full. Plus it's healthy so you can enjoy it guilt free!!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment