Monday, October 14, 2013

Apple Cider Vinaigrette Dressing

Is there anything more refreshing than the  crisp morning autumn air? I love working out in the morning because I from the gym at my apartment complex I get to watch the sunrise. The fall colors never look so beautiful as when the sun begins to bathe them in the morning light. Poetic? Maybe, but it is a sight to behold.


Fall is apple picking time!!
Fall means changing leaves, apple cider, and pumpkin everything. Apple cider is one of the best parts about fall, but it is rather sugary. While I was discussing apple cider with a close friend of mine she mentioned she saw a recipe for apple cider vinaigrette dressing. I had to check it out!! Sadly the recipe contained a load of sugar and was high in calories. However, I was not to be deterred so I took up the challenge and recreated the recipe and what I came up with contains only 81 calories a serving!! I promise it is super easy to make and so worth it!! 

You will need:
3.5 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar 
3/4 teaspoon white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
pinch of ground black pepper


In a small container whisk together the olive oil and the apple cider vinegar. It will take some time for them to combine but they will mix. 

Next, add the sugar in and mix thoroughly. 

Then, add in the salt and pepper and whisk together all ingredients until combined well. 

You can serve it immediately or put it in the refrigerator to cool. If you do chose to refrigerate it, put it in an airtight container and mix it thoroughly before serving. This recipe makes enough for two servings. If you plan on using the dressing two separate times do keep it in the refrigerator to ensure freshness.  


Apple cider vinaigrette dressing went
perfectly with my berry, pecan salad.
I enjoyed this delicious dressing on my berry, pecan salad at dinner Sunday night and I still have another serving for another salad.I know I will be making a lot more of this dressing in the near future, especially since my mom said she wants to try it!! I hope you enjoy this recipe and have a wonderful start to your week!!

If you make the dressing tag me on instagram and use the hashtag #thesimplelife and go like my new page on Facebook!

Nutrition:
Calories: 81
Carbohydrates: 1.6grams
Cholesterol: 0.0mg
Saturated Fat: 1.3 grams

No comments:

Post a Comment