Saturday, October 5, 2013

Simple Crockpot Turkey Breast Tenderloins and Vegetables!!!

I'm so sorry I have not posted anything new in the past few days. I have been insanely busy with homework and projects. This coming week is midterms so the work has been piled on and it has been hard for me to find time to breathe!! On the bright side the
Healthy, easy, and delicious!! It doesn't get any better!
trees are changing colors and campus is bursting with a multitude colors. Fall can finally be felt in the air and I am loving the cooler weather. 

I use Jennie-O Extra Lean Turkey
Breast Tenderloins.
I've been hitting the books hard this week with midterms next week so I wanted to keep dinner simple. Of course my first thought was crockpot!! I ended up coming up with turkey breast tenderloins served with vegetables and potatoes, both of which are cooked in the crockpot with the turkey. It really doesn't get any easier than this recipe. You probably have most, if not all, of the ingredients in your refrigerator already. You will need:
  • 3 Turkey Breast Tenderloins
  • 1 Cup PLUS 3 Tablespoons Organic Chicken Broth
  • 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 2 oz. mushroom
  • 2 large organic carrots, chopped into bit sized pieces
  • 3 potatoes of your choice (I used 1 sweet potato and 2 red potatoes)
  • 1 cup of chopped sweet peppers, or you can use 1 bell pepper of your choice
  • 1 stalk of celery, chopped
  • 1/4-1/3 cup of yellow zucchini
  • any additional vegetables of your choice
I layered all the vegetables into the crockpot first, then I put in the lemon juice and 
The more color the better!!
about 1/2 of the chicken broth in to coat the vegetables. Next I put in the turkey breast tenderloins on top of the vegetables. Finally I covered the turkey with the rest of the chicken broth and turned my crockpot on low for 6 hours. You will know the turkey is done when it is browned on top and easily falls apart. 

Always scrub your vegetables with soap and water
before cutting them and eating them-even if they are organic!!
It's the perfect fall meal!!
Normally I am not one to like turkey tenderloins but this was delicious!! The meat was so moist and tender, 

and the vegetables were superb!!! The vegetables combined with potato was delicious and I have enough left overs for at least three meals. As an added treat for all the studying I've been doing I allowed myself to have three tablespoons of whole berry cranberry sauce- YUMMY!!!

I hope you're having a fabulous weekend and enjoy this simple and delicious crockpot meal!!

If you make them tag me on instagram and use the hashtag #thesimplelife and go like my new page on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment