Monday, January 20, 2014

Easy Crockpot Turkey Sausage and Vegetables


Happy Crockpot Monday and MLK day! I apologize for my lack of postings in the past week. I do have new recipes for you, I just have not been able to type them up. This past weekend my grandmother passed away so I have been busy helping my family get all the details worked out for the service. Once things calm down I have an awesome granola recipe to post, dark chocolate cherry granola!, and a few others as well.

This week my crockpot meal was literally thrown together. I had just gotten back to my apartment after driving back to college, I lugged all my stuff in- there was a lot of it with groceries too- and I was hungry. Before I had lunch (which I will post about later) I quickly threw everything in the crockpot. I promise it is nothing fancy, but it gets the job done and with all the people coming and going recently it is big enough to feed a crowd.

You will need:
  • 2 pack turkey sausage, can be chicken sausage or whatever you prefer
  • 1 small sweet onion, diced
  • 2 large carrots, sliced
  • 1.5 pounds of green beans, slice the ends off
  • pack of baby red potatoes, cubed
  • 4-5 cups of water, or organic low sodium chicken broth for a little more flavor

First, wash all vegetables and scrub the potatoes. 

Then, cut up vegetables and potatoes and put them in crockpot. Using your hands toss the vegetables and potatoes to thoroughly mix everything together.

Next, cut up turkey sausage, or whatever kind of sausage you are using, into chunks and put it in crockpot.

Once all turkey sausage is cut and in crockpot again using your hands carefully mix vegetables and sausage together.

Finally, pour water or chicken broth by the cup into crockpot. Pour only enough liquid to cover the ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.

Use caution when opening and serving as the liquid will be extremely hot. I got enough for eight, yes eight, servings out of it. Serving amount will differ depending on how large your portions are.


No comments:

Post a Comment