Monday, January 13, 2014

Crockpot Tomato and Garlic Pork Chops


Happy Crockpot Monday! It's Monday which means it is time for another delicious, nutritious, and easy crockpot meal. Lately most of my crockpot meals have been chicken, so I decided to change it up and do pork chops this week. 

Typically I am not a fan of pork chops. More often than not whenever I eat them they are tough and I feel like I'm sawing through wood not meat. The first time I threw pork chops in the crockpot I was shocked. The meat was so tender and moist it literally fell apart. Since then I have been won over, but only in the crockpot or my mom's delicious pork roast (I'll save that for another day). 

This recipe is really simple and you might even have all the ingredients already in your pantry. I made enough for four servings but you can adjust the recipe as needed for more or less.

You will need:
  • 4 Pork Chops
  • 1 large sweet onion. diced
  • 2 tablespoons of garlic, minced (If you really like a garlicky taste you can add 2 more tablespoons)
  • 1 tablespoon thyme
  • OPTIONAL: pinch of salt and pepper
  • 1 14.5 ounce can organic diced tomatoes, if you can't get organic check the label to make sure there is no added sugar
  • slightly less than 1 cup organic low sodium chicken broth


First, pour the chicken broth into crockpot. Then add pork chops in crockpot.

On top of the pork chops place a pinch of salt and pepper (don't have to include) and spread the diced onion, garlic, and thyme.

Finally top off with the diced tomatoes. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.

Serve over cooked rice or to spice things up serve over cooked spaghetti squash.

Nutrition per serving (over cooked rice)
Calories: 282 
Carbs: 34
Fat: 4 grams
Protein: 26 grams
Sodium: 267mg
Sugar: 8 grams


No comments:

Post a Comment