Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Snow Apocalypse!

I am so sick of snow. It is almost up to my waist and my four wheel drive vehicle has snow up to the start of the trunk. THAT IS NOT OK! I hate winter. I hate winter even more when I have to drive in the middle of a blizzard. 

In the midst of the crazy blizzard the Midwest was getting over the weekend I had to make a three hour drive back to college. It was snowing so hard and so fast the snow plows just could not keep up. Driving on the freeway was terrifying there were no lanes, and you could hardly go above 30mph because the roads were so slick. I was definitely while knuckle driving, but God is good and delivered me back to school safely.

The picture is what my drive back to school started out like, but it only got worse. Soon you couldn't even tell there was road. Scary stuff out there. If you're going out on the roads be careful!

Since I have been back at school we have gotten even more snow, I hate lake effect!, and campus cancelled classes on Monday and Tuesday. In addition to the 2 feet of snow we have with the windchill it has been almost -30 below! I have literally been snowed in at my apartment. I made the brave journey to the gym this morning and yesterday morning, but on Monday I stuck in a snow drift that was over 3.5 feet! Yeah I am definitely over snow and winter. Hawaii anyone? 


My dad sent me this picture of our deck at home. Back at home I don't lake effect like I do at school, but they still got almost 15 inches of snow! I cannot ever remember getting this much snow.

While I have been snowed in I have been productive in getting internship applications and essays done. I only have one more essay to write and I am officially done, whoop whoop! In between writing essays and filling out apps I threw together a quick lunch packed with nutrition and protein to power me through an afternoon of writing.




I cut up one kiwi, had a handful of cherries, 3 peanut butter Ritz sandwiches (6 crackers total), 1/3 cup of cottage cheese, and half a cup of frozen mixed berries (unsweetened, all natural). It wasn't anything fancy but it had a lot of protein and was delicious. The more colors on your plate the better!

I'm going back to working on internship applications. Be safe outside and be sure to bundle up! Have a good night! 

P.S. If you're looking for a delicious and simple meal to warm you up in this col weather try my three ingredient crockpot pineapple chicken recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment