Monday, March 17, 2014

Gluten Free Crockpot Asian Pork with Mushrooms- Low Sodium!


Happy Crockpot Monday! The end of the semester is coming up fast and the work is piling high. Sadly I don't have a ton of time to update the blog, but I am going to try to post as many recipes as I can because I do have a ton of recipes to type up and post.

Anyway this week I wanted to do something easy and gluten free. I'm trying to cut down on gluten intake, which is partly inspired by reading Grain Brain by David Perlmutter. I HIGHLY recommend the book if you haven't read it. All the ingredients in this recipe are gluten free-minus the rice I served it over. 

This week's recipe is Asian Pork and I really could rave about this recipe. I've had Asian pork before but creating my own recipe gave me control and I loved it! And as a bonus it made apartment smell wonderful!

You will need:
  • 4 pork chops, cut off access fat
  • 8 ounces organic sliced baby bella mushrooms
  • 2 teaspoons minced garlic
  • pinch of ground pepper, don't have to include
  • 1 cup organic low sodium chicken broth
  • 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
  • slightly less than 1/2 cup gluten free reduced sodium soy sauce, Meijer brand is really good
  • 1.5 tablespoons agave nectar, you can omit this and it will still be delicious

Pour chicken broth, soy sauce, white balsamic vinegar,and  agave nectar into crockpot.

Add minced garlic and pepper into crockpot.

Gently place pork chops in crockpot. They should be submerged, or mostly submerges, in liquid. 

Finally, dump mushrooms on top of pork chops.

Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours, or high for 3-4 hours.

I served my pork chops over brown rice with a side of grilled red and yellow peppers. 

Nutrition per serving (serves 4):
Calories: 167
Carbs: 13
Fat: 2 grams
Protein: 24 grams
Sodium: 429mg
Sugars: 11 grams



No comments:

Post a Comment