For now I wanted to share with you one of my delicious creations I made over spring break. I had an extra can of pumpkin laying around so I decided to put it to use. I had been researching pumpkin waffles for awhile and wasn't satisfied with what I was finding, so I ending up combining ingredients and substituting others and magically they ended up turning out! I know it's a weird time to be making pumpkin waffles, but come fall you will definitely want to try this recipe!
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour or all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup oat flour
- 1 heaping teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree NOT pumpkin pie filling
- 1/2 cup milk of choice, I used almond milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
Spray waffle maker with non stick spray.
Pour batter onto waffle maker.
Cook until waffles are crispy and golden brown in color.
If you make smaller waffles you can get 6 waffles. If you make bigger waffles you can get 3 or 4.