Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Spring Break Wrap Up

Spring Break came and went so fast I feel like I hardly had time to do anything. I had six papers to write over spring break, so it's a good thing I didn't go anywhere this year.

I spent spring break at home mostly doing homework, but I got to spend a ton of time with Cora. Cora made sure I payed lots of attention to her, and when she felt like I was paying too much attention to my homework she was quick to refocus my attention. No wonder people are not allowed to bring their pets to work, nothing would ever get done!

One paper in particular I found extremely difficult to write because the professor had given so little guidance on what they wanted. I got so frustrated that I ended up quitting and going to the gym to pound out my frustration on the treadmill. Frustration can be a great motivation at the gym! I cut a minute off my mile, ran my fastest time ever for a 5k, and ran a little extra just because. It took me awhile, but I was finally able to finish my paper- let's all hope the professor likes it!

Aside from homework I did take some time to experiment with new recipes. I posted a few of my new recipes already, so be sure to check them out. The blueberry waffles with strawberry honey glaze is one of my new favorites and definitely worth trying.

I know that it's nothing overly exciting, but that was my spring break. I will be posting a few other simple recipes for you to try that I made over break throughout the week. I think after all that I should get another week off because I had to write all those papers! Wishful thinking I know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment