Monday, July 7, 2014

4th of July Weekend

It's ridiculously early by most people's standards, yet I've been up for over an hour and half thanks to some house shaking thunder. I'm not complaining though because I am all nice and cozied up in my bed listening to the rain. I am grateful for the beautiful weather we had over the weekend!


There are so many fun ways to get into the festive spirit of things, of course festive food is always one of my favorites! The lake that I live on had their fireworks on Saturday night instead of on the 4th so the 4th festivities got to continue on an extra day. To get into the spirit of things I made some festive American Flag Toast.

American Flag Toast
  • 1 piece of bread (GF if needed)
  • 2.5 tablespoons greek yogurt, just enough to lightly spread over top of the bread- can also use cream cheese if preferred 
  • 6 blueberries, for the flag's stars
  • 2 small strawberries, thinly sliced for the stripes
  • 3 slices of banana, thinly sliced for the stripes

Toast the bread if desired.

Spread the greek yogurt or cream cheese over bread.

Assemble the blueberries in the upper left corner and then assemble the strawberries and banana to look like stripes. 


Saturday was the picture perfect night for fireworks. We got to watch the sunset over the lake before the firework show began.


I have so many pictures I could post, but I don't want to bore you too much so I'll only post one. If you want to see more check out my instagram. Fireworks always make me feel like a kid again because I can't help but oh and awe over them. Besides I don't think you're ever too old to believe in a little magic! 

No comments:

Post a Comment