Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Almost Salmon Florentine


This is going to sound strange, but stick with me. I love salmon. It can be prepared almost any way and I will eat it, however I am not a fan of cheese. When I do eat cheese there are only a few types that I will eat. 

Traditional salmon florentine is made with ricotta cheese, but I can't stand ricotta cheese. So, I broke the mold and made salmon florentine without ricotta cheese. While it goes against tradition it is still delicious- and if you don't like ricotta cheese (like me) this recipe is just for you!

Almost Salmon Florentine
  • 3 salmon fillets 
  • 1/2 small yellow onion, diced
  • 1 Roma tomato, diced
  • 1 9 ounce package organic frozen spinach
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • pepper to taste

In a small mixing bowl toss the diced Roma tomato and yellow onion in olive oil. Add in pepper if desired. Set aside.

Spray a skillet with nonstick cook spray and turn to a medium heat.

Once skillet is heated cook the spinach until it is almost completely melted. Add in tomato and onion. Sauté until onion is lightly browned then remove from heat.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Line a small baking sheet or pan with tin foil. 

Place salmon fillets on baking sheet. Drizzle fillets with oil oil if desired. 

Top salmon fillets with spinach, tomato and onion mixture.

Bake for 20-25 minutes. Check that salmon is all the way cooked through. The salmon should be tender and fall apart when lightly prodded with a fork. 

Serve immediately. Store leftovers in an airtight container in fridge for no more than three days.

No comments:

Post a Comment