Sunday, July 13, 2014

Catch Up Sunday

Happy Sunday! I apologize for being MIA lately that is a story for another post. I have a lot to catch up on and so many new recipes to share! 


Thursday I made a trip out to the county farmer's market and walked away with delicious produce. I got the freshest green beans I've ever seen! The green beans in the grocery store are never this fresh or tender. My mom cooked them up for me with my dinner tonight and needless to say I will be going back to get more soon! I also picked up four gigantic tomatoes. They are the sweetest tomatoes I've had in a long time. Nothing beats farm fresh!


Does the summer heat zap anyone else's appetite? When it's 85 degrees out and 95% humidity (hello hair frizz) my appetite makes itself scarce. For lunch I made myself a cool treat to beat the heat. 

Peanut Butter Almond Parfait Bowl
  • 1/2 cup vanilla greek yogurt
  • 1/2 small banana sliced
  • 2 tablespoons prepared PB2
  • Vanilla Almond Crunch Quest Bar, diced
  • 1 teaspoon organic honey drizzled over top

I love the combination of peanut butter, banana and almond. The honey on top added a sweet bite to the bowl. It made a nice low key lunch with lots of protein to hold me over, but it wasn't heavy so it made a great meal to beat the heat.


No comments:

Post a Comment