Saturday, July 19, 2014

Coconut Fruit Bowl


For the first time in my life I bought a coconut. It seemed like a smart idea at the time given that I love coconut, but in retrospect it was not one of my brightest ideas. Despite my mom's warnings about how difficult they were to open I bought one anyway. Given that it was an "easy break" coconut I thought it should be a breeze. WRONG! 

Half an hour later and two broken nails, literal nails not fingernails, I asked my mom for help. My mom went into beast mode and demolished the thing making it look easy. After finally getting the coconut open and draining the milk I am still left with what to do with the coconut. I did find one use for the coconut and that was making a delicious coconut fruit bowl.

Coconut Fruit Bowl
  • 1/2 broken coconut
  • 1/3 cup greek yogurt
  • 2 strawberries, thinly sliced
  • few banana slices
  • few peach chunks
  • 1 tablespoon prepared PB2
  • 1 tablespoon KIND Granola

Scoop yogurt into coconut shell.

Place fruit on top of yogurt. 

Drop PB2 on top of fruit and top with granola.



No comments:

Post a Comment