Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Featured Blogger: Minor Numbers

I am really excited to share a fellow blogger with you! Over the past few days I have had the pleasure of getting to know Samantha McClelland from Minor Numbers. I have fallen in love with Sam's blog simply because she is honest and puts it all out there. She openly shares the struggles and triumphs and doesn't sugarcoat facts- a trait I greatly admire. 

What I love most about Sam's blog Minor Numbers is she has a bit of everything: recipes, fitness and has a section called Building Up Beauty. Her blog inspires everyone to live healthier and love themselves no matter what.

One the recipes that immediately caught my attention on her blog is her Eggplant Pizzas. Without further ado here is Sam:

Eggplant Pizzas

I don't know about you guys but I would pretty much eat pizza as often as I could. 

Unfortunately it's not always the best for you but I still like to enjoy it in moderation. 
My aunt makes the most amazing homemade pizza ever and it's such a treat when she 
makes it! Her Mediterranean pizza is to die for and if she makes pepperoni bread as 
well then my will power just goes out the window. But hey it's important to treat 
yourself, right?

So since I can't have pizza every night for dinner, it's always a good idea to explore 
other lighter options that can still get you that pizza fix! I've made tortilla pizzas before 
which are a great alternative but I've been seeing so many recipes for eggplant or 
zucchini pizzas that I wanted to try out my own recipe! I made mine with pesto, 
arugula, and feta and my sister had the old-fashioned way with pizza sauce and 
mozzarella. Both versions were delicious! Next time I make them I think I'll add 
some roasted vegetables or chicken on top.

 All you need for this recipe is 1 medium-large eggplant and any toppings you would 
like! You don't have to use a sauce like pesto or marinara but I think it just makes it 
more pizza-y plus we all know I'm obsessed with pesto! You could always just use your 
favorite cheese and meat/veggies on top. It's a pretty versatile recipe and you can 
adjust it to fit your taste buds. I feel like I say that with a lot of the recipes I post on
 here but it's true! I think you guys are starting to catch on that mostly what I make 
is simple, fast, and can be tailored to your preferences!

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Slice up the eggplant (I made mine 
about 1/4-1/2 inch) and place on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and 
season with salt, pepper, and garlic.


2. Bake the eggplant slices for about 20 minutes. I'm sorry that I don't have a better time range because my oven decided to act weird and wasn't keeping the temperature steady. I have no idea what happened but it's working perfectly fine now, it's just that it took me a little bit longer to roast the eggplant. Anyway, try to shoot for about 20 minutes or so!


3. Once the eggplant is roasted take it out of the oven and add your toppings. 


4. Bake for another 5 minutes or until the cheese is all melted and gooey!


5. Let the pizzas cool and enjoy! I had grilled chicken with my pizzas and it was the perfect dinner!


I even cut up my leftover pizza to put on top of my salad for lunch the next day!

How do you like to lighten up your favorite recipes?!

Please be sure to head over to Sam's blog Minor Numbers to check out all of her delicious recipes and inspiring articles! 


No comments:

Post a Comment