Friday, July 25, 2014

Flourless Peanut Butter Banana Muffins


What a glorious Friday it is! The sun is shining and my house smells of muffins what more could I possibly ask for? My stockpile of muffins in the freezer is running low so I decided it was time to try some new muffins. 

Ever since I posted my gluten free peanut butter banana muffins I have gotten a few requests for a gluten full version of them. The hard thing about coconut flour is it is a very absorbent flour so the same amount of whole wheat flour cannot be substituted. I am still working on a gluten full version, but in the meantime I made flourless peanut butter and banana muffins! 

These muffins are seriously the easiest muffins to make. It only makes 8 small muffins, but they are delicious and loaded with flavor. If you want to make a larger batch the recipe easily doubles.

Flourless Peanut Butter and Banana Muffins
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon, more or less to taste- you can completely omit this
  • 1 banana, pealed and cut into chunks
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter of choice, I prefer organic
  • 1.5 tablespoons organic honey
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1 egg
  • OPTIONAL: 1/3 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line muffin pan with muffin tins.

In a blender combine banana, cinnamon, peanut butter, honey, vanilla and the egg. 

On a low speed blend mixture until completely smooth. 

If desired stir in chocolate chips. Do NOT blend in the chocolate chips. It will be bad for your blender and will break them into a zillion tiny specs.

Carefully pour batter out of blender into muffin tins. Fill tins 1/2 to 2/3 full depending on how large you want your muffins to be. 

Before baking fill any empty slots in the muffin tin with a little bit of water.

Bake at 400 degrees for 13 to 15 minutes. Insert a toothpick. When the toothpick comes out clean the muffins are done. Allow muffins to cool completely before storing.


No comments:

Post a Comment