Monday, July 14, 2014

Quinoa Bowl


I had a sudden strike of foodie inspiration and boy am I glad I did! Last night my mom cooked up my farm fresh green beans so I had leftovers, which ended up working perfectly for my quinoa bowl.

Hard to believe but I had never tried mango salsa before today, but now I am addicted! It was the perfect blend of sweet and tangy. The salsa added the perfect flavor to the veggies and quinoa. I will most definitely be making a giant batch of the quinoa bowl for lunches and dinners throughout the week. 

Quinoa Bowl
  • 1/3 cup prepared red and gold prepared quinoa
  • 1/4 cup sweet corn off the cob
  • 1/2 cup fresh green beans
  • 1 tablespoon almond slivers
  • 2 tablespoons mango salsa

Mix prepared quinoa, corn, green beans and almond slivers together. 

Top with mango salsa and mix together. 

It's easiest to prepare a big batch of quinoa, a few ears of corn on the cob and lots of green beans at once. It makes easy meal prep for the week and great grab and go meals! 



No comments:

Post a Comment