Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Turkey Pecan Salad


All of the muscles in my neck and back ache and I am exhausted. Home improvement projects are not fun. My dad and I have been mudding and peeling a border off of the walls in my brother's old bedroom. Peeling a border off is horrible and we still have to sand and then paint, UGH!

Tonight we finished peeling the border off and after I was in no mood to make a complex dinner. Salads are always my quick go to and tonight was definitely a salad night. 

Turkey Pecan Salad
  • 1.5 cups organic spring mix lettuce
  • 1/5 avocado, diced
  • 1/3 cup diced bell pepper, I used red and orange
  • 3 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
  • 1 tablespoon unsalted sunflower seeds
  • 1 tablespoon pepitas
  • 1 tablespoon pecans
  • 1 teaspoon dried tart cherries
  • 1 teaspoon organic coconut flakes
  • 2 slices oven roasted turkey breast

I always save the smaller toppings, like sunflower seeds and coconut flakes for the very top of the salad. It makes it look more presentable, but it also helps everything spread out as lettuce underneath is eaten. 

It was a quick and healthy meal full of flavor. I will definitely be making it again!



No comments:

Post a Comment