Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Turkey Sausage Stir Fry


Good gravy I feel like I have been away from the blog forever! Maybe it's my lack of sleep, all of the doctor appointments or the fact my brain is a complete jumbled mess. Thank goodness for leftovers or else I would probably burn down my house trying to cook right now. 

Sunday night I made a big batch of turkey sausage stir fry. I knew the week was going to be crazy so a big batch would last me through most of the week and make life easier. And boy has it made my life easier. The best part is I have prepared leftovers different every day so it doesn't feel like I'm eating the same thing. 

Turkey Sausage Stir Fry
  • 1 package skinless turkey sausage of choice- the kind I used had 2 turkey sausages in it
  • 1 medium red, yellow and orange bell pepper, diced
  • 1/2 sweet onion, diced
  • 1 small zucchini, sliced
  • 1 small yellow squash, sliced
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • OPTIONAL: brown rice or spaghetti squash to serve stir fry over

Spray a large skillet with non stick cook spray and heat to a medium heat.

Brown turkey sausage on both sides and set aside.

In the same pan that you browned the turkey sausage in add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Allow olive oil to heat up.

Add in all diced and sliced vegetables. Sauté vegetables until they begin to brown on both sides. Reduce heat to a mid to lower heat.

Add turkey sausage back in to warm it back up. Cook for an additional two minutes. Stir often so all flavors blend together and nothing sticks to skillet. 

Turn off heat and remove pan. Allow to cool for a minute before serving.

If you want to spice things up you can add in organic pasta sauce, freshly grated cheese or serve it over a blend of romaine lettuce.



No comments:

Post a Comment