Thursday, September 25, 2014

Easy Oatmeal


Lately my stomach has been on the fritz. One day last week it got so bad I really just wanted to puke to feel better. My mom recommended I eat a bowl of oatmeal because it is easy on the stomach. I cannot eat plain oatmeal so I threw in some extras that were also easy on the tummy to add some flavor. It was a filling meal and it did help soothe my upset stomach.

Soothing Upset Stomach Oatmeal
  • 3/4 cups GF oats
  • 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, or milk of choice or water
  • 1/3 cup vanilla greek yogurt
  • 1 tablespoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 small granny smith apple, chopped
  • 3 tablespoons frozen blueberries
  • 1/2 tablespoon raisins
  • 1 tablespoon peanut butter and co white chocolate wonderful peanut butter
  • SPRINKLES!

Microwave oats according to package instructions. I don't like my oats runny which is why I used 3/4 cup almond milk instead of an entire cup. 

Top cooked oats with greek yogurt, granny smith apple chunks, frozen blueberries, peanut butter, raisins, cinnamon and sprinkles. The sprinkles are totally necessary component to make any stomach feel better!


The before mixing picture always looks so much better than the after picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment