Sunday, September 14, 2014

Dinosaur Sprinkles!

I am sorry to say I have been slacking on the blog front recently. I have a ginormous backlog of photos and recipes to post, but classes have been keeping me so busy! If I had the remote from the movie Click I would freeze time to get all my homework and studying done and catch up on posts. Wouldn't that be wonderful?! 



First things first though, this delicious rice cake is one of my absolute favorite post workout snacks! I know it may seem childish to use sprinkles, but those sprinkles are dinosaur sprinkles, making them a bagillion times more awesome, and who doesn't love sprinkles?  Peanut butter and banana is my favorite combination and it's a great way to refuel after a long workout.

For the rice cake I use one Quaker plain lightly salted gluten free rice cake. I smear it with two tablespoons prepared PB2, 1/3 of a banana, sliced, and top it off with dinosaur sprinkles and a few chocolate chips. And if you want to you can add a teaspoon of honey drizzled over top for the perfect snack.



A lot of the times I have my rice cake pretty bare. My go to is one rice cake with 2 tablespoons PB2 and 2 teaspoons honey. Sorry about the bad picture. I was really hungry after a workout and forgot to take a picture until I had eaten over half of the rice cake...whoops :)



Recently I have been on a salad kick. It probably has to do with the fact that they are so quick and easy. Of course I am a creature of habit and love to stick to my classic, but I have been getting braver and trying new toppings like shredded mozzarella cheese. 

I need to get back to getting things done, unless someone wants to do my statistics homework for me...any takers?

No comments:

Post a Comment