Monday, September 22, 2014

Crockpot Hawaiian Chicken


Happy Crockpot Monday once again! I apologize for not having a crockpot meal for you last week. I had leftover crockpot chicken jambalaya and crockpot chicken vegetable soup frozen in. I wanted to clear out some space in my freezer so I ate leftover all week- crockpot leftovers make my life so much easier!

This week I am back in action crocking up a storm! Well, sort of anyway because this recipe is so ridiculously easy and there are only a coupon ingredients. Don't be fooled by the fact that it contains only a few ingredients, it packs a flavorful punch. PLUS it only contains 237 calories per serving and has 29 grams of protein, pretty awesome right?!

Hawaiian Chicken
  • 3-4 chicken breasts, you can use frozen chicken breasts
  • 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly minced garlic
  • 2 tablespoons lime juice
  • 1 tablespoon organic honey
  • 3 tablespoons cup low sodium, gluten free soy sauce
  • 20 can organic pineapple tidbits in 100% pineapple juice

Place chicken on the bottom of a lined crockpot- I always use crockpot liners they make clean up a breeze, which is always great when you're busy.

Sprinkle the red pepper flakes and garlic over chicken. 

Dump in soy sauce, lime juice and honey.

Finally dump in pineapple tidbits and all the juice in the can. 

Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.

One of the things I love the most about this recipe is it's versatility. You can serve it over rice, over mixed greens as a salad, on buns or rolls, there really isn't a bad way to eat this! 


No comments:

Post a Comment