Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Girls Night!


One of the first Friday nights of the semester one of my friends from a summer small group invited a few of our friends over for a girls night. We decided beforehand to have a dinner and movie night at one of the girls apartments. They ordered pizza and had a salad and of course I baked cookies! By now everyone knows I will bring some form of a dessert. There were only seven of us, but it was so much fun just to see everyone and catch up!

I had pondered for awhile what kind of dessert I wanted to bring. I didn't want to do a classic chocolate chip cookie or fudge brownie. I have seen cake cookies all over Pintrest and they seemed to be pretty popular so I thought I would test them out. Between being gluten free and just getting plain sick from eating sweets I had to rely on my trusty taste testers to give me the results...

The results were outstanding! Everyone loved them (and the dinosaur sprinkles I used) and kept asking how I got the cookies to be so moist. Little did they know they were really eating a cake! One note about the recipe, I am all about making everything from scratch, but I did take the easy way out on this one and used a boxed cake mix.

Triple Fudge Cake Mix Cookies

  • 1 Duncan Hines Triple Chocolate Cake Mix
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/3 cup vegetable or safflower oil
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • SPRINKLES

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with tinfoil.

In a large mixing bowl combine triple chocolate cake mix (NOT THE FUDGE POUCH), eggs, baking powder, vegetable oil and vanilla. 

In a small separate bowl mix the fudge pouch and instructed amount of water. Whisk together until smooth. 

Pour prepared fudge mix into cake mix bowl and thoroughly combine. Add in sprinkles if desired or extra chocolate chips.

Place the dough in the refrigerator for half an hour to chill. It is very important that you don't skip this step because it allows the dough to firm up so it won't be too liquidly when you make your cookies.

After the dough has chilled dropped tablespoon sized dough ball onto a lined cookie sheet. Add some more sprinkles on top for decoration, and because who doesn't love sprinkles?

Bake cookies at 350 degrees for 13 minutes. Insert a toothpick to check for doneness. If the toothpick comes out clean the cookies are done, if not bake for an additional two minutes and check again. 

Allow the cookies to cool completely before storing.


No comments:

Post a Comment