Saturday, September 6, 2014

Labor Day Catch Up

I have so many posts to catch up on it is ridiculous. Thank goodness I have had scheduled posts because between Internet issues and school I just have not had time to do anything. First I want to send a major apology to those who have emailed be and probably think I have fallen off the face of the earth. There has been a problem with my account and I have been locked out for a few weeks now- the issue is now resolved and I promise I will be responding as soon as I can! (Major apology to the awesome Sam from Minor Numbers!)

After a week of classes I had a long weekend for Labor Day. I know it sounds crazy because I only have a week of classes (four days technically because I don't have Friday classes), but I really needed a long weekend. Adjusting back to school has been harder than I thought with the lupus. I was exhausted by the time I got home and just fell into bed. I had an early morning doctor appointment on Friday and by the time I got home I was starving! 


I threw together a quick turkey, spinach and kale and tomato sandwich on GF bread. With My sandwich I had raw cauliflower, cucumber slices, a giant tomato slices (because it wouldn't fit in my sandwich) and some carrots.


Of course a lunch wouldn't be complete without a mini-parfait! I went with the usual 1/2 cup Dannon light and fit vanilla greek yogurt. I threw in a small handful of blueberries (maybe an 1/8 cup), I chopped up a dark chocolate mocha almond KIND Bar and topped it off with one Justin's Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup cut into chunks. This was definitely one of my favorite parfaits I've made so far.

I had a food coma afterward, but I regret nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment