Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Olympic Sandwich Stacking and a Sweet Treat

Good morning or shall I say good night? It's a little after five in the morning, but I've been up for way too long already- the wonderful part about being sick. Needless to say there will be no gym session today. I haven't had time to post because I've been so busy with school, so I figured now is a good time since homework is not happening this early.


Friday I indulged in a delicious sandwich. Some of my awesome fellow foodies on Instagram started Olympic Sandwich Stacking, so I jumped in on the fun. My sandwich is no where near as creative as theirs are, but it was tasty!

I used two slices of gluten free bread, three slices of oven roasted turkey breast, three organic cherry tomatoes cut in half, a slice of avocado smeared on one slice of bread and a handful of organic spring mix lettuce.


After my Friday morning workout, cardio and a Jillian Michael's workout, I had a GF rice cake smeared with peanut butter and topped with banana and dinosaur sprinkles. It helped me refuel and prevent me from getting hangry while grocery shopping. 


I ended my Friday night with a Healthy Choice Frozen Greek Yogurt. Between a killer morning workout and a very full day of doing homework it was a much needed indulgence, besides one of the cups is only 100 calories! I may have added a few extra calories with some added chocolate chips, but you have to live a little right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment