Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The Dreaded First Day

I remember a time when I actually used to look forward to the first day of school. The shiny new school supplies, the perfectly pointy crayons, perhaps a new backpack, those were the days. Oh how quickly things change...

Now I dread the first day of classes, I dread the tuition bill even more! College first day of classes isn't exactly thrilling. Thankfully I eased my way into the new semester with only one class on Monday. Not a bad start to the year! Because my class was late in the afternoon and I knew I would get stuck in horrific rush hour traffic getting back to the apartment I made a hearty lunch packed with protein to hold me over.


It wasn't anything fancy, but it was hearty and delicious. I had one slice of gluten free bread with 2 tablespoons prepared PB2. I sliced half a banana and put it on top of the PB2 and drizzled a bit of organize honey over the top of the whole thing. 


With the PB2 and banana sandwich I had a parfait bowl (surprise, surprise!)


The parfait bowl is 1/2 cup Dannon Light and Fit vanilla greek yogurt, small handful fresh blueberries, 1 tablespoon KIND cinnamon and oat clusters and one Cocoa Crunch Square Bar. I cut the Square Bar into chunks and heated it up for 15 seconds, just enough to get the chocolate warm and gooey...YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment