Monday, December 22, 2014

Backpost: Michigan Harvest Salad


While I am home for break I am trying to catch up on back posts. I have so many pictures to post, but I don't want to overload you. This is an oldie, but a goodie so I wanted to share anyway.

Fall in Michigan is normally really pretty, but this year the weather decided to be crazy and we got a TON of snow really early. There were still leaves on most of the trees when we got snow- that is not ok in my book. Fall in Michigan is all about apples and nothing beats a Michigan honeycrisp apple. They are so sweet that they make a great salad topper!

Michigan Harvest Salad
  • 2 cups organic spring mix lettuce
  • 1/8 cup red and orange bell pepper, cut into chunks
  • 2 tablespoons avocado chunks
  • 1/2 Honeycrisp apple, cut into chunks
  • 1/2 Bartlett pear, cut into chunks
  • 1 hard boiled egg, sliced
  • 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
  • 1 tablespoon pepitas
  • 1/2 tablespoon dried cherries 
  • 1 GF veggie burger, cut into chunks


No comments:

Post a Comment