Thursday, December 25, 2014

Backpost: Muesli Oats

I used to hate oatmeal. There was an incident when I was really young that my dad made me oatmeal before school. Long story short the oatmeal was like soup and I refused to eat oatmeal until last year. I still don't eat it very often, some aversions are hard to overcome, but I do like it when I have an upset stomach. Sadly I get nausea a lot with lupus and oatmeal is a nice thing to have.


Love Grown foods makes really good gluten free oats. My favorite are their super oats with chia. 


I still can't eat plain oatmeal, I blame my dad, so I always top it with fruit and I love putting Justin's Almond Butter on top too. The vanilla almond butter is one of my favorites. 


I used 1/2 cup oats- prepared according to package but I only used 1/3 cup water, 1 packets Justin's vanilla almond butter, 1/4 cup dannon light and fit vanilla greek yogurt, 2 strawberries sliced, 1/8 cup blueberries, 1/2 nectarine cut into chunks and 1 tablespoon Bob's Red Mill gluten free muesli. 


It looks much prettier before mixing it all up, but it still tastes delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment